So…the decision is made now. I won’t be going to Samara in May/June this year. Tanya and I agree, it is a relief to know. Uncertainty saps the strength from one’s psyche! I will most likely be in Oceanside in May, helping my parents with their daily needs and household chores so they can concentrate on some further medical treatment plans…possibly another surgery for my mom.
But, by God’s grace, if all goes well, I will plan to go to Russia in the early fall…mid September or so. Yes, I’ll need those hats and boots and gloves I’ve been avoiding for all these years. On the other hand, I will see the “sunny juice” on the sidewalks as the birches and poplars turn and drop their leaves. I will be able to enjoy the tasty offerings of the late harvest, and see in person what I’ve only been able to enjoy via paintings and photographs–scenes like this one:
I feel confident that waiting will be a good thing this year. Something special is in store.
Psalm 25:12 – “Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.”