Where I Hang Out
- SUSAN GADDIS has an amazing site for creating a spiritual legacy. It’s a fun place to hang out. She has FREE STUFF, plus wonderful online classes and creative ideas for enhancing your relationship with Jesus and with others. (Don’t miss her “Camp Grandma” resources.)
- When one of my writing/critique group members wins a CAROL AWARD and a CHRISTY AWARD in the same year with her debut novel — then naturally I’m hanging out with MARY WEBER (A Girl and Her Books.) Her “Storm Siren” trilogy (Thomas Nelson/Harper Collins) is taking the YA fantasy world by …well … storm, of course! Visit her ultra-cool site at http://www.maryweber.com
- Rarely do I tout the accomplishments of my editing clients, because there are so many who have published worthy books. But for NORMA HINKENS I’m making an exception. She has grabbed the indie publishing world with both hands and come up with success, awards, and a growing following for her YA series “The Undergrounders” and most recently, “The Expulsion Project.” Check her out at Norma Hinkens (Pretty Gritty YA)
- With so many helpful sites for writers and aspiring authors, it’s hard to choose just one to mention. But, the place I hang out more often than not is Susanne Lakin‘s LIVE WRITE THRIVE . Susanne is a multi-published author of both fiction and non-fiction, an excellent editor and mentor, and (yes) also a friend. She generously gives away her knowledge and has a great passion for helping others succeed, no matter what their writing or publishing goals might be. I highly recommend her blog. You will definitely learn something and come away inspired.
Other Cool Resource Links
- If you like my website banner (I happen to LOVE it), then hurry on over to CAROLYN V. PHOTOGRAPHY. My good friend, Carolyn Watson, has a passion for capturing special moments and a gift for showing us the beauty of God’s wondrous creation. Weddings, babies, kids, families, portraits, she does it all! She is also captured wonderful author images for my debut novel, Her Shining Eyes. See her portfolio at http:www.sixteenmilesout.com
- My adventure in writing began where the careers of many authors begin–at a writers conference. And, in my humble opinion, there is none better than the Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference. It is held annually from the Friday to Tuesday over Palm Sunday weekend. If you are looking to get a huge jump-start on your aspirations to write and publish, then please please please find a way to attend.